Thursday, July 20, 2006

Observations

I have been living here two weeks, and I don't consider myself an Israeli yet for a number of reasons:

1. I can still smell the B.O. in the fitting room from the girl before me.
2. I complain too much/mefuneket.
3. I believe you should try your hardest to make sure the purse on the floor belongs to someone.
4. I'm afraid of terrorists. not mad at them.
5. I don't have coffee at an outdoor cafe when a known suicide bomber is loose.
6. I let somebody go before me on the bus today.
7. My kids still have to come home by a certain time.
8. I am really pissed that our house doesn't have screens in the windows because
9. I am afraid/grossed out by every bug.
10. I won't drink sink water.

3 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, you've got a lot to learn ;-p About the water, I found the best way to get use to it is to slowly integrate it by drinking hot tea, boiling the water. Then, start putting ice in your drink. By the time, you "have" to drink tap water, you're good. Besides, if you check, the tap water in many places in the country is really good now and really up to code. You can get that kind of info on-line. I can't remember the site off-hand, but I'll try and find it for you. Remember, this isn't a third world country. Oh, and you can buy screens for your windows.
-OC

July 20, 2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

It's a rental.

July 20, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Oh, well, when you get your real house, screens are used. Until then, yeah, get used to the genetically mutated misquitoes that just love our American blood.
-OC

July 21, 2006 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home