Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Eating Chicken in My Underwear

The wife and kids are gone, which means it's back to the good life. Sitting around the house in my underwear, eating chicken from shabbos, and drinking orange juice straight from the carton.

It also meant driving around looking for hookers. Hookers do not hang out in Oak Park though. The only thing I found was an opossum, which met its maker underneath my car.

Final score from my drive: Dead Opossums 1 - Hookers 0

I used to be more fun though. Back in the good old days, going out to bars with my single friends now that I had a free night. Those days are long gone. My single friends are married, and who the hell wants to go sit in a bar and drink $4 beer when I can sit at home watch TV, and file papers that have been sitting in a drawer since I moved in here 3 years ago. Oh, and I can't forget the joy of cleaning that nasty Chulent pot.

My nights are full of excitement. The Kollel twice, hockey once, and the all important comittee meeting. Which reminds me, i have another comittee meeting on Wednesday night before hockey. Oh, the exciting life I lead.