Monday, February 06, 2006

Mitvah Goreret Mitzvah

I have been going to a shuir on Sunday night for the past few years. I have written about the shuir here a few times. I really enjoy it, and enjoy the perspective we get from Rabbi Klein, who gives the shuir.

The shuir is at 9 pm, and last year, I decided to go to the shuir instead of watching the second half of the super bowl. It was a difficult decision to make, as I really enjoy watching football, and especially, watching the Super Bowl. But I felt I had to go to the shuir because the previous year, I missed a lot of the Super Bowl while meeting with a client of mine.

So this year, as I sat watching the game, I considered my options. The game was close, and it was especially graitfying to watch the game take place in Detroit. I loved everytime they showed footage of the city, and I really did not want to leave the couch to learn.

But I felt that since I went to the shuir last year, it would be taking a step backwards in my religious priorities. So I went to the shuir again. Which I am pretty sure I would not have gone had I not gone last year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never learn, you wont have a problem.

February 06, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger The Zwicker said...

Noah Daddy and I have this issue every fourth Monday night. Of course, it's just the two of us, so moving up our starting time ten minutes isn't a big deal. It also doesn't affect the issue that much since one of us seems to cancel every other week or so for various reasons.

February 06, 2006 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I usually feel good about myself when I do something spiritual.

swiftthinker, can't you just tape the TV show?

February 07, 2006 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. 500 fico loan score 1993 isuzu rodeo transmission computer Canada bulk customer guest book email Find security help telephone systems Shane company diamonds interracial accounting continuing education Blackberry 5401 black dating Mixing alcohol and adderall straight edge shirt health insurance company 1995 mitsubishi eclipse Plastic surgery costs australia service internet fax asian schoolgirls

April 26, 2007 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home