Thursday, July 20, 2006

This Morning

Exactly two weeks ago, we were the ones coming off that ELAL flight with our families and friends screaming with excitement. Today I was privileged to share in the Simcha of others. The emotions are palpable at these ceremonies. The speeches are invigorating. The Bamba and Mayim Mineralim are Me'od Yisra'elee.

But the most overwhelming feeling for me today was the reminder of why we did this insane thing in the first place.

I cannot even begin to tell you all how we are sleeping tonight on our first night in Modi'in, or how long it's been since we have been without our belongings. Or how many locations we have "lived" in for the past 5 weeks. Or how many painful Goodbyes there were.

Sometimes, when I'm tired or scared or both I feel like changing my mind. Let's Go Home, I think to myself. But then I think about the planeload of Olim who arrived this morning in the middle of two frightening wars, and I am awed by their Emunah and strength of character.

When I witnessed the ceremony today, it simply reminded me why I wanted to come in the first place. Don't worry, I plan on going to every single NBN ceremony this summer. I could use the Chizuk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kol Hakavod. You guys are amazing.

July 20, 2006 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and, then there was th chiloni cab-driver!

July 20, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Toto said...

Great posts the past couple of days! We've been away, went down south an hour from here to get away (sans kids)to relax and get massages in the spa!

Anyway........drove around Modiin today, wow, it is so huge! Looking forward to hearing your take on living there. It may be where we move to next year when our lease is up. Trying out Mevaseret zion for now cuz of the in-law's, but in the end it may be too far for hubby to drive to work each day.

ok, i'm babbling. so, do you have your stuff yet?

July 21, 2006 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home