Friday, February 09, 2007

Bayit Cham - Follow Up

Here's what I did:

When they arrived I had all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies ready, and we made them. The kids each got a bunch of dough and put their cookies on their sheet. While the cookies were baking, I immediately put pita bread, sauce, cheese and olives on the table for the kids to assemble their own pizzas. The cookies came out to cool and the pizzas went in, and the kids were directed to another table to decorate cardboard Tzedaka boxes with marker and stickers. When the pizzas were done they were called back to the kitchen table where they ate. While they ate, I bagged the cookies and put them inside the Tzedaka boxes for taking home. There were only 1o minutes of the 2 hours that were unaccounted for. At the end, I had my 10-year-old and his freind bring down our large supply of Rescue Heroes for the kids to play with.

It should be noted that the two girls from the class who were supposed to come, didn't. And Air wasn't home until 7:05.

It should also be noted that there are very few children I actually like. :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...you could have had the dancing, after all!

February 09, 2007 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am gratified that you spent your adult career around children.

February 09, 2007 9:08 AM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

is Jonah one of the lucky few?

February 09, 2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger SaraK said...

Wow, you're really creative! Sounds like fun. (How many times a year do you have to do this?)

February 09, 2007 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about liking kids. I work in a school. I thank G-d everyday for my children and grandchildren.

February 09, 2007 11:51 AM  
Blogger Toto said...

I also know what you mean about not liking other people's kids. Problem with me is it often makes me like those other parents less too!

February 09, 2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

do u like my kids?

February 09, 2007 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home