Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Pedometer

A few weeks ago, I bought a pedometer to gage my daily steps and calories burned. The goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. Before I started trying to walk more, I tested myself. I walk between 4,500-5,000 steps a day without exercising. Just pitter-pattering around the house, the grocery store, the short walk to Gan...

Last week I walked 17,000 on Sunday, 15,000 on Tuesday, and 14,000 on Wednesday. By the way, during a football game, playing only offense, I went 6,000 steps alone.

By 9 this morning I had already walked 5,200 steps because of a 40 minute walk. My only question is, Where's the Ben and Jerry's?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do they tell you how many miles you have walked? or I guess in ur case kilometers?

I have been meaning to get one. We got a step counter in the coca krispies box, but when I say we I mean Gadi got one. How much do they usually run (no pun intended) for?

May 09, 2007 4:37 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 09, 2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

It's a good one from Sharper Image. It's a speaking one, so you just have to press a button to find out how long you've walked, how far (KM), how many steps, how many calories burned, and what time it is. The first time you use it, you punch in your weight and how many centimeters your pace is. I just kept the pace as standard. I really love it. Take a look on their website.

May 09, 2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger mom said...

You have to test it by pacing yourself and see if your stride is the same as the preset one. I had to change mine.

May 09, 2007 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there a way to have two settings, for walking and jogging? I saw the website. There is a good talking one on sale for 12.95 and an even better one with a FM radio for 30.00--Im thinkin mother's day is comming up...

May 10, 2007 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home