Wednesday, March 23, 2005

March Madness

For the third March in the past five years, I am moving jobs. The habit began in March 00, when I began working at Meridian Advertising on March 6 of that year. It was also the day i became buddies with my first real lesbian, a woman named Gigi. We started together, and together for a few years. It was mid march three years later that I left Meridian to work at Eye Travel. Two years have passed, and on March 28, I will take office space in Blue Care Network's southfield office, writing their manuals and ensuring that no one ever understands what Blue Care Network is talking about.

The interview went really well, and I had a good feeling about the position. They knew my salalry requirements going in, and when the intervewi went well, I thought I was in. Then came the waiting. And the negotiating. It went through my contracting agent, so i did not have to deal directly with the company, or I may have folded.

They said I was asking for too much money. I came down slightly, and then continued to wait. I told my agent if they tried to bring me down lower to tell them i wasn't that interested anymore, but it didn't come to that.

In the end, I got the job. Then I found out some of the back story.

I was going against someone with 20 years of experience who was asking for significantly less money. I don't know how people live on significantly less money, but this guy was going to take a chance at it, I guess. Even with the experience and the money in his favor, they still picked me.

So the good part is I got the job. Its a contract job, wihtout a specified contract length, but everyone expects it to last a minimum of three months and probably a lot longer.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on next March.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

Thats great...hope you enjoy the new job

March 23, 2005 8:52 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

My kid's birthday. A good sign for sure :-)

March 23, 2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger 2R said...

Congrats! Kiddish! Can you put jokes and weird one liners randomly in the manuals?

March 24, 2005 3:23 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Hope it lasts.....

March 25, 2005 12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. sears houston appliances Weight loss success anime using adipex dsl internet satellite Mature christians virgin atlantic emergency procedures Drugs net nexium

March 03, 2007 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home