Thursday, June 23, 2005

At least she thinks its funny

When I started working here, about three months ago, I was introduced to all the people in our department, including Debra, an attractive, blond-haired woman, who is the head of the whole department.

I pass by Debra pretty frequently, and she often times will say hello, and usually I say hi or Hi Debra. And that is pretty much it.

This other woman in our department came by and needed something done immediately. I had soem time, and put together something really quickly, and passed it along to the secretary who gave it to the woman, who I have seen around, but did not know by name.

Yesterday Debra came over and asked me to reformat the project i did and send it to Carol, which I did. In the email to Carol, I told her Debra asked me to email this to her, just so that she knows why I am sending it to her.

It turns out, Carol is Debra. Debra is other woman. Carol got a kick out of my email, that I thought that she was Debra, but very nicely told me that I got it wrong. Debra was the woman who originally asked for the project to be created, and she, Carol, needed it to get it into a powerpoint presentation.

9 Comments:

Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

that is why icall all the women in my office "boss" and all the men "big guy"

June 23, 2005 1:47 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

And my students call me "Mrs....."

June 23, 2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

too bad you can't call them by features. hey blondie, hey ugly.

Of course, then people would call me hey balding fat guy

June 23, 2005 2:10 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

Has it been too long of a week? I'm confused. Any way to explain the story so us working mom bloggers don't need too many brain cells to understand it?

June 23, 2005 7:54 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

A coworker who I thought was named Debra and was the head of my dept asked me to email something to Carol. I sent it to Carol, saying that Debra asked me to email it to her. The woman who i thought was Debra emailed me back saying that in fact, she was carol.

It is only funny because I see these people every day, say hello to them, and one of them is the head of the entire dept.

June 23, 2005 8:47 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

So is Debra not really the head of your dep't? Or is she, and you just put the wrong faces to the names. Or is the real Debra really Carol, and thus Carol is the head of your dep't. I can fully understand why this would be funny, if I could just get it straight in my mind...

June 23, 2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

"too bad you can't call them by features"-AIR TIME
Hugh hefner does it

June 24, 2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Thats one of the perks of being the boss.

June 24, 2005 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

February 05, 2007 3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home