Friday, June 24, 2005

Excuse Me Overdose

I have a coworker who overdoes the Excuse me. Whenever we pass each other in the aisles between cubes (I really work in Dilbert’s world) he says excuse me, despite the fact that there is ample room for us to pass each other without moving an iota.

It is a completely unwarranted excuse me.

And if he is overusing his excuse me’s when he comes to a situation where it really is appropriate, it doesn’t mean as much, because he throws them around so easily.

So here is an Excuse Me primer for everyone, so that excuse me is not overused.

If you are walking and break up a group of people who are talking in an aisleway, you should say excuse me

If you are walking and someone has to move out of your way, you should say excuse me.

If someone is standing in your way and you need them to move, you should say excuse me.

If you round a corner and almost bump into someone, you should say excuse me.

If you round a corner and bump into someone and knock them on the ground, try not to laugh at them, and say I’m sorry. Excuse me is not going to cut it here.

If you fart or burp loudly enough for someone else to hear, you should say excuse me, but you should not say it any louder than the fart or burp, because that will just let more people know that you have committed wind sin.

If you are standing somewhere and someone else wants to walk past you requiring you to move, you do not need to say excuse me. That is the other party’s excuse me responsibility.

This has been an Air Time Public Service Announcement

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like an Uncle Moishy song that is constantly playing in my car ("If you bump into yossi and yossi bumps into nussi remember to say excuse me")

June 24, 2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

if i piss on you over the cubicle wall,should i say excuse me?(and i think uncle moshie has a song that sounds like your post)

June 24, 2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I don't remember the uncle moishy song, but I'll take your word for it.

If you piss on my cube you should not say Excuse me, you should say I'm sorry.

June 24, 2005 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Man wears bra virtual call center employers absolute shemale Gozilla pop up blocker Wedding invitations with wedding cake stickers Mature cumshot pics Leather chairs rocking top 20 call centers in pune Online overnight didrex

February 28, 2007 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home