Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Why?

A woman from another department who I have met once or twice needed to talk to the guy in the cubicle next to mine.

And yes, I work in Dilbert’s world, except my boss in not a pointy-haired dimwit.

Anyway, I turned around just to see who it was, and she said hello to me. Being a member of the human race, I said hello back.

But she would not let the conversation die.

My sister and her family are in Israel now, she told me. On some group that will have three busloads of people from Columbus.

Oh, that’s great, I tell her, not really sure why she is telling me this.

But the conversation is not over. Apparently her niece had the opportunity to have her Bat Mitzvah in Israel as well, but chose not to, so she could have a big party.

Still, this coworker said, the niece got to go to Israel anyway.

That’s nice, I tell her, as I think to myself why is she telling me this. Why is it that coworkers who have any connection to Judaism always try to show me how religious and connected to Israel they are? Sure, they don’t keep all those crazy things like shabbos and kosher, but hey, they did once attended temple and had a bar mitzvah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! farmacia comprar tamiflu Tires minneapolis London wedding stationery shop on fioricet hyacinth faq http://www.teens-do-it-for-cash-xxx.info/Cumshot.html what is the national flower of greece Valtrex cost of video surveillance live email picture of roses care health insurance long Blazing 7 slot machines Security companies in rochester ny Mazda 626 transmission mount Side effects seroquel search Discounted academic software Silver birch bonsai

March 02, 2007 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Paintballing torquay Paintballing bracknell China fitness Dental health plan phentermine diet pill lansing call centers race frame paintball Finding butalbital online find find hotwire better deals on auto rentals Kenmore elite dishwasher manual Grade aaa replica handbag redo kitchen counter top paintball psychologists surveys tri-city paintball Dunlop pro comp 11 piece golf set Baccarat gaming luckyland.com luckyland links 11847.html Yoga fitness Daimer chrysler free gay college trailers cousin's paintball lexus and olive

March 06, 2007 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Timed sliding gate opener business interuption insurance http://www.travel-21.info Montana camping park Fossil arkitekt watches Usaa prepaid debit cards for teens kids Winning number for virgina lotto wendsday Review of spyware software Canada bulk client contact email Mitsubishi xd70u reviews

April 26, 2007 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home