Friday, June 17, 2005

This Week in Air

Bugs and in-laws plus father’s day, 10 years later, and the kids are out of school, all that and more, you’re reading the Big Show on Air Time.

It began Monday night at dinner. My wife noticed a little bug crawling on the table cloth. We knocked it to the floor, but then there was another bug, and then we noticed there was a ton of these itty-bitty bugs. The Shavuos BBQ had taken place earlier in the day, and my father in law was convinced that these bugs came from the corn. My wife was afraid they were fleas. I was wondering which one of our guests had brought fleas into our house.

Then we found these little bugs upstairs, and in a few other rooms. What if they were fleas. How did our guests manage to track them all over the house. And who was the guilty guest?

On Tuesday night we captured some of them, and called the bug guy, who came on Thursday. The bugs were not fleas. They were not brought by a guest. They were some kind of silverback bug, and they are ALL DEAD now.

So my apologies to our guests, who I thought quite ill of. And thank you for not noticing the bugs while we were plowing through the BBQ.

The BBQ, as mentioned earlier, was fantastic, as most of them have been in our ten years of marriage. Or almost ten years. Our anniversary is this weekend, marking a decade of being married.

We got married in New Jersey, with all of our friends watching. Then we moved to Detroit, so it has probably been ten years since we saw most of those people with whom we once defined our lives by. But that’s the way life goes.

I never thought I would live here for ten years though.

My in-laws came to visit for Shavous, and my Father in Law was surprised it had been ten years. He is a chazzan, and the people at our shul really enjoy his davening. He was supposed to lead Shachris on Tuesday morning, but came down with a mysterious illness that prevented him from doing it. But hear me out. I think he faked it because he didn’t want to daven for the Amud. He coughed exactly two times during davening on Tuesday morning. The first time, when the baal shachris went up to daven, and then, a minute later, when people started looking at him and whispering why isn’t he going up to daven.

Click

We decided to surprise the kids and go to Toronto on Father’s Day. We have tickets to see the Blue Jays play the Brewers. It is an afternoon game, so I don’t think we need to worry about any extracurriculars going on in the SkyDome hotel, but I am going to bring binoculars just in case.

School is out, which means no more car pool for me. I hated it, and I am not sorry they are out. I do feel bad for my wife who has had to entertain them this week. They all start camp on Monday, and then she can begin her summer vacation.

The Piston’s were dominant last night. If only they had played this way in games 1 and 2. And this series is over. And then I could send my nine year old to bed before midnight again.

Oh well, its fun watching the games with him.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov, 10 tears EH!, can't remeber if I was there but I'm sure it was nice. Was it in an hotel in Jersey someplace?

June 17, 2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

yeah, it was at a hotel across from Giants stadium. I think the sheraton. There were a lot of dead heads floating around that weekend, as the Grateful Dead were playing across the street.

June 17, 2005 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I remember.

June 17, 2005 11:44 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

were you there? do I know you?

June 17, 2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

KEGlavitcher? Methinks we do. hmmm...

June 17, 2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Yay! I knew you were reading!!

June 20, 2005 1:39 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Not even mac and cheese?

June 21, 2005 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home