Thursday, June 16, 2005

Some Social Commentary

I was talking to my sister in law over yom tov. We were joking about Anorexia, probably because there was an article about it in one of her rediculous magazines. But I digress.

She mentioned that the latest demographic to be hit with Anorexia/Bulimia is the group of moms whose daughters are of shidduch-dating age. Apparently, you can tell what size your future wife will be twenty-five years down the road by looking at her mother, and since this is a make-or-break issue in the super-shallow Shidduch dating world, its time for Mother's of Shidduch-aged daughters to step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to help little Chava Rena to get married.

Air Time is all about supplying demand, and so we offer the Bulimeator.

For a more serious look at Eating Disorders, you can see my previous post.

7 Comments:

Blogger orthomom said...

I'm not a psychic, but I predict that you're gonna get comments from some people who find this more than a bit tasteless. I don't think people who are nogeah to this issue find humor in it. (I'm not even sure if I mean the shidduch world, or bulimia.) And don't you mean bulimomatic?

June 15, 2005 5:31 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 15, 2005 5:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do. My wife has dealt with these people professionally and they are sick. Also, "amd" is spelled is "and."

June 15, 2005 5:59 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Thanks for the spelling correction. I'll make sure to fix it when I go to work tomorrow.

June 15, 2005 6:31 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

i suffer from dyslexic anorexia,i think i am too skinny,i can't stop feeding the beast.

June 16, 2005 2:38 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Mirty-
You sing it, Sista!!

June 16, 2005 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

February 16, 2007 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home