Friday, August 12, 2005

Storming off too late

Last night Veev went to a class. She got home around 11, right about the time the ootball game was ending, and right before Sports Center was starting. We watched the end of the game, and then Veev started talking about what she had learned, and how she thinks the system of what she had learned about needs revamping. Which was all interesting, I guess. Except for one thing.

While she was talking Sports Center was doing this interview with Terrell Owens. Like a good husband, I lowered the volume, and listened to Veev, only glancing at the TV and wondering what absurd thing T.O. was ranting about. The piece must have run about ten minutes, and the truth is I don't mind that I missed it. I would rather talk to Veev than listen to some overpaid underclassed immature sports star talk about how he needs to feed his family.

Sports Center went to commercial, and when they came back, Veev was still talking. This time they were showing highlights and talking about Palmeiro, our latest fallen sports hero. I was glancing a bit more at the TV, BUT STILL LISTENING TO VEEV, when she got upset that I wasn't listening to her and only watching Sports Center.

Admittedly, this is not the first time she has said this, and it is a legitimate complaint sometimes. But this time, I was actually listening.

So she walked away.

Leaving me to wonder why she didn't walk away during the T.O. segment when I really wanted to listen to what they were saying on Sports Center.

11 Comments:

Blogger Air Time said...

i'm saving it for a special occasion.

August 12, 2005 9:38 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

I wasn't just "still talking." When I walked away, I had been telling you about the Mitch Albom discussion about Terrell Owens and ESPN reporters. IT WAS ABOUT SPORTS AND YOU STILL WEREN"T LISTENING. So why should I stay there?

August 12, 2005 9:45 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I was listening. I can still tell you the last thing you said.

August 12, 2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

What did I say?

August 12, 2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

The very last thing you said was "You're not listening anyway." and then you walked upstairs.

But immediately before it happened, you were talking about how they were doing a Sports Center breaking news parody, that sounded just like Sports Center.

Honestly, I don't know why you walked away. I was listening.

August 12, 2005 9:58 AM  
Blogger docyaak said...

and how does this make you feeel?
used, manipulated, hurt...

August 12, 2005 10:26 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

You're a lousy F**** softball player, jack.

August 12, 2005 10:32 AM  
Blogger SportPsych Detroit said...

Was that the time Mitch Albom reported that TO was at the Final Four?

I used to have respect for him, but now, Mitch is in a class with Raffy, McGwire, Bonds, Don King, Dubya, the NCAA, Algore, WJC, etc.

I would have stopped listening at mention of him, too

August 12, 2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Not if it was your wife who seemed geniunely interested in something sports-related.

August 12, 2005 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get a room you two!

August 15, 2005 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

March 03, 2007 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home