Monday, November 14, 2005

My sister has a boyfriend

I have one sister who lives in Israel. I have written about her here before, and the good work that she did both before and after disengagement. Well, now that all the protesting is over, it seems she has a boyfriend.

While we were in Israel a few weeks ago, we met him. He is a nice guy, and my sister is really happy being with him. But I am always nervous about brothers in law. My wife has one brother, and we get along really well (too well, sometimes. Veev usually thinks nothing good can come from us hanging out together), but her sister married a british guy, and for this post, lets just say we have little in common and rarely speak to one another. Which is fine. But I was always hoping for a good brother in law.

I don't know if this guy is the one for my sister or not, but we did have a good time hanging out together, and when I commented the "Cream & Dream" was a really dirty name for an ice cream shop, he laughed. So there is hope for this guy.

7 Comments:

Blogger and so it shall be... said...

It's always fun when a totally new person appears in your family--someone who doesn't yet know all the stories, jokes, personalities, and personality dysfunction in every family, which is taken for granted until a new, uninitiated face appears.

November 14, 2005 5:46 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

"someone who doesn't yet know all the stories, jokes, personalities, and personality dysfunction in every family"

SW - Seriously, Air's family has no dysfunction at all! It actually used to really make me mad. Now I welcome the serenity.

November 14, 2005 7:57 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

we've never had a brother even TRY to get into this family. are we gonna let this guy just waltz right in? but then again he lives in Israel and we'll prob never really know him anyway...

November 14, 2005 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy families are all the same.

November 15, 2005 3:12 AM  
Blogger rockofgalilee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 16, 2005 6:11 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

AT: Good to see you blogging again!

November 16, 2005 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i read the blog title i thought you were talking about your minor beis yaakov sister again.

November 17, 2005 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home