Friday, March 24, 2006

Apology

When I started writing this blog, I approached each post that i would write as if no one I knew would ever read it. And although I knew it was not realistic to think that no one I knew actually read the blog, having that attitude allowed me to write things that I otherwise could not have written.

My blog is not anonymous. Anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows who I am.

Which means that I am accountable for everything I write on this blog.

It also means that there are potential repurcussions for everything I write, especially when I write about community issues. It is for this reason that I never wrote about clients, a rule I followed until I posted the emails that were sent out regarding the fight between the stores.

In the aftermath of those emails, I wanted to get the whole story. Which meant finding out things from other people's perspectives. And I wanted to post both sides of the story. For one, I thought it would be fair to all involved if both sides of the story were aired, and two, reading both sides makes for much better reading, discussion and blogging.

In this situation, there is only one person doing any talking, that being the GOOD STORE. The BAD STORE and the Vaad have not said anything of significance to add to the story.

After I posted an article based on my conversation with a Vaad member, it occured to me that if the Vaad isn't talking publicly, then the only thing close to a public statement is what I wrote here. And that would very likely find its way zooming through the Internet, almost as fast as the original email did.

I don't think it would take very long for the Good Store to find out who wrote that piece, and I don't think it would take much time after that before I was out a client. And at this point, I can't afford to lose anyone.

The truth is, I think this is a fascinating story, but it is one that I can't afford to tell.

I'm sorry. I would love to continue watching and reporting this story, but for now, I will have to step aside.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where do we go for the news on this?
Did The Daily Show pick it up?

March 25, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger and so it shall be... said...

You have stepped squarely into the age-old ethical dilemma of journalism. The conflict between journalistic responsibility and advertiser considerations.

Congratulations. This is truly a significant milestone in your career as a blogger.

It also makes you a wimp. Ha ha. You suck!

March 25, 2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger and so it shall be... said...

By the way, I don't really think you're a wimp or that you suck.

March 25, 2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Do you need to borrow my disclaimer?

March 25, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

I'm very proud of you, Dear. I think this means you're growing up.

March 25, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

I have an idea. Why not have AirTimeII post on it? We all know that's a whole different blog.

March 26, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

JPT - You're too brilliant. But I think I will leave the Deuce off of this. And for those of you admiring my maturity, I appreciate the thought, but it is more a matter of self preservation than anything else.

I honestly believe both sides of the story should be out there. I'm just the wrong person to do it.

March 27, 2006 12:41 AM  
Blogger Avi said...

AT -- If you can't give specifics here, then perhaps you could at least guest blog on my site to discuss how community Vaadim might better serve their host communities through better record keeping.

How else can they provide credible intervention?

I'd love to have you. Let me know at:

info (at) 501c3solutions (dot) org.

March 27, 2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Air, if self-preservation is the key word here, why not continue posting, but from the GOOD STORE's perspective. Maybe you'll even get more business outta them that way.
As Triumph always says: I Keeeed. I keeed.

March 27, 2006 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Interior designer fredville Levaquin and kids Bextra class action suite School dance teams Topical impotence drug Homeowner insurance addition to house anal fuck Am levitra Web how to incorporate Audio car detector electronics radar Missouri first time home buyers Affiliate free management software 20 cooking schools cum Models of learning in first grade dental plan Red snapper website developers

April 25, 2007 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home