Monday, June 26, 2006

Goodbye Again, Part 2

As it turns out, I had no I idea what I was complaining about in my last Goodbye post. The Goodbye parties and other farewells didn't bring me to tears even close to what was going on here last night. I had to say an actual Goodbye to an actual person who had meant a lot to me for the past 12 years.

I was merely a child when I started dating his big brother, and so was he, though a little younger. We e-mailed each other every day when e-mail was a fairly new concept to most computer users, and cost money every time you hit "send". He told me about his life in 7th Grade, his friends and, most importantly, his family. Most 13-year-olds have at least some negativity towards their parents and siblings, but not this guy. So I knew I needed to meet him in person, and when I did, he didn't disappoint.

We have remained best friends over the past 12 years, and here are some of the highlights, although some of it will be private jokes:

1. Drive-by embarassment
2. "Garbage can/7-11" education
3. Driving lessons
4. The Heidi-Bowl on Thanksgiving
5. Sports Illustrated and me
6. Holding our newborn every day for two weeks
7. My "brother-in-law robe" with the hood
8. "Babysitting" at our house
9. Adopting my aunt and family in Israel
10. Marrying my new "sister"
11. Giving me a beautiful nephew
12. Making my kids cry for 10 years
13. Making me cry last night

I love you and will miss you so much...

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 27, 2006 2:13 AM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

Our horse named Sam
The Folder
Your telephone rule
Saving your oldest from Shmuel Arye
The drive
2 AM roadkill

I love you

June 27, 2006 2:58 AM  
Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

wow, so touching!!

June 27, 2006 3:43 AM  
Blogger Toto said...

it's so hard, isn't it? I've been doing the lunch dates for me and playdates for the kids and the emotions are overwhelming! Hang in there.... remind me, you're going on the July 5 with us, right??? I've lost quite a bit of my memory these days, guess it goes hand and hand with sanity! :) hugs...

June 27, 2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Shu- Thanks for all those other memories... How could have I forgotten?

Emah- We're on your flight. Bring the tissues.

June 27, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Toto said...

veev---look for me....I'll be the only mom in pants without my head covered! :) I'm hoping that by the time I get to NY that I'll be cried out for the day and ready for the fun! (sarcasm!)

June 27, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

Awww..still so sweet

October 18, 2018 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home