Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Baby Cousin

I was six years old, and my lone auntie had not given me her present yet. Not even asked me what I wanted. I was in my parent's room being chewed out for getting into my mother's makeup in the middle of the night. My aunt called and asked for me.

"Veev?" she said. "Happy birthday, Honey. I have your present right here."

"What is it?"

"It's your very own baby boy cousin." The first boy in our family.

My baby boy cousin's wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl yesterday. Today, I took the kids to the hospital to meet her. They held her like champs who have held a multitude of babies they are related to, Thank God. Now our oldest is the oldest of fifteen on one side, and six on the other...

My baby boy cousin's kids will grow up with mine. Eizeh Kef...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You said it sista...!

May 20, 2007 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever happened with you and the makeup? You know you didn't need any; you were so gorgeous!

May 21, 2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Saved by the bell.

May 22, 2007 2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home