Monday, June 25, 2007

Why Couldn't I Sleep?

Last night I only fell asleep at 4 a.m. Why, you ask?

There are several possibilities:

1. I inadvertently had caffeine in the morning and my heart was still racing.
2. Air watched 8 Mile last night and I was in the room with him. The violence of the movie and the beat of "Lose Yourself" make me nervous.
3. My baby brother's engagement party was last night and I missed it. I can hardly even picture where it was held.
4. I suddenly realized that I'm going to have my own room in a strange hotel in the Czech Republic for eight nights. While that sounded like a fun idea at the onset, now I'm thinking, not so much.
5. Need $$, have only $.
6. I'm in the process of choosing a surgeon - yes, a surgeon! - to remove our five year old's adenoids. With a knife!
7. The Pizza Shul might have been bombed had our glorious Shin-Bet not stepped in.
8. When we go to Detroit this summer, are my kids going to want to come back home?
9. Air's good friend's dad passed away last week. Too close to home.
10. Air and I walked last night starting at 10 p.m. Not good for getting to sleep on time.

I think that's all for now. Thanks for the group-therapy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

That's a lot to have on your mind in the middle of the night. Ya know, I'm really happy I'm not the only one that has had the thoughts about visiting the states and having the fear of questioning about coming back. I really thought I was the only one. Wow, thanks for sharing that!!
-OC

June 25, 2007 5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi--were coming to modiin on september 4 with the last NBN of the summer, i love your blog, my only critism is you dont post enough! anyway, my kids have already been asking me when we are coming back to america. since i know money is going to be extremely tight in israel (like it isnt here!!), we probably wont be back for a while...but i kinda think its a good thing for the kids to not visit america for at least a year or two....i dont know maybe im being to pragmatic about this issue....

June 25, 2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Anon - Please email me at mrszacks at yahoo dot com.

June 25, 2007 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any of those things on their own would be enough to keep me up at night.

June 26, 2007 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who died?

June 28, 2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Anon - e-mail us and we'll tell you.

June 28, 2007 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When i canĀ“t sleep, i try to STOP thinking about everything that worries me, in fact, i try to stop thinking. That way i fall asleep.

Maybe that could help you..:)
poetryinblack.blogspot.com

June 29, 2007 1:40 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Angie - do yknow my mother?

June 29, 2007 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home