Thursday, October 25, 2007

Art

Don't tell the Princess that I told you, but as I was sitting down on her bed to read her a story at bedtime, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a beautiful hand-drawn picture of a little girl on her wall. Yes, on her wall. Not taped to her wall, drawn ONTO her wall. Oy.

Good thing for her I don't hit. I did make her cry when I said, "I am very angry with you right now, and I don't feel like reading to you anymore tonight. And tomorrow you will wash this off during your playtime." About 10 minutes later she came downstairs still sniffling and said, "I'm sorry, Mommy."

Kids, what are ya gonna do?.... At least it's in pencil.

9 Comments:

Blogger mom said...

She's not the first Zacks child to write and draw on walls! I'm sure she won't be the last... just one of the joys of childhood

October 25, 2007 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but ya couldn't stay angry at her for long after that...reminds me of someone else....

October 25, 2007 7:31 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

I wasn't angry once I left her room. Mostly it was "put on" for her. So what if there's a drawing on the wall in a kid's bedroom? I just don't want the "art" to make it's way onto more important surfaces. If Air had been home, I would have found him for a big chuckle behind closed doors.

October 26, 2007 4:54 AM  
Blogger Toto said...

Try the Sfog HaPele....the magic sponge!!! IT's the white dense foam sponge that cleans EVERYTHING with JUST WATER!!!

October 26, 2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Emah, that's exactly what she used to take it off completely the next day. She did need a considerable amount of elbow grease, though.

October 27, 2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger Baila said...

true confession: I once wrote the word "damn" in permanent marker on the wall near my bed. I was about 8 years old and the minute I finished writing I was terrified of what my parents were going to do to me. So I drew a picture (on paper!) and taped it over the word. My parents never did find out about it, because we moved soon thereafter!

October 28, 2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Baila- LOVE IT! Have you ever told them?

October 28, 2007 11:22 AM  
Blogger Hostess said...

A budding artist! Don't stifle her! We have Magic Eraser here if you want me to bring it.

October 29, 2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Hostess! Who are you and what have you done with my mother?

October 29, 2007 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home