Monday, January 07, 2008

Eerie

My good friend (and my football team's center) Ora's dad died last week in Montreal. His body was flown here for the funeral today. I have been to funerals in Israel before. In fact her dad was buried in Eretz HaChaim where my Bubby was laid to rest this past July. The funeral was called for 4:15 this afternoon. Of course there was a slight delay because of the flight, etc. and it wasn't until 4:45 that the eulogies started. As the burial went on later, the sun was setting which was very beautiful. I took leave of my football team who all turned out for the occasion and walked over to where my Bubby is buried for a little quality time with her. By the time I left the cemetary it was good and dark out.

I turned on the radio in my car on my way out and wouldn't you know it? "Thriller" by Michael Jackson was on. Although it is one of my favorite songs, I turned it off.

8 Comments:

Blogger hostess said...

How is Bubby doing? Is she happy with her "place of residence"? What do you two "talk" about?

January 07, 2008 2:23 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Wow. That's really personal.

January 08, 2008 12:28 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Actually, she did mention that she wants to pay for my cleaning help.

January 08, 2008 7:14 AM  
Blogger hostess said...

That's a good one. You trying to tell me something? How much will it be? Just askin'

January 08, 2008 9:40 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

LOL. Just joking. But perhaps we can talk about this offline.

January 08, 2008 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what I find hardest to believe is that any radio station will still play Thriller!

Hope your feelin better.

January 08, 2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

No, in Israel, they still LOVE Micahel Jackson!

January 09, 2008 7:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And Cyndi Lauper....

January 10, 2008 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home