Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Enough Already

I rarely get any email from my mother in law. Not that I'm complaining. I'm more than happy to have her not think about me while she is working away at her job. It's just that when I do get something from her, it is the most inane forward that is probably supposed to change my life and the lives of the other 20 people she sends it on to.

Usually her email just gets skimmed and deleted. But that is not enough. Because some day soon, maybe tomorrow or maybe in two weeks, she is going to get another email that she feels needs to be sent out to everyone on her list.

You know what, I don't even believe she reads this before she sends it out. I think she gets the forward from her friend, sees that it is supposed to be some touching e-mail to show how much she cares about us all, and then click click click its off and sitting in my inbox.

You see, I like my mother in law. I like her best when she is at home in New Jersey and I am at home in Detroit, but we get along very well when we see each other. Over the last ten years, I think I have gotten to know her very well. And I know that she would never, in a million years, say anything like the email she is forwarding out to me. Its not within her personality to actively wish those types of sentiments on others.

Most of the time, I have to admit, the emails echo a nice thought or feeling or emotion. Even though I know she couldn't emote in that way,

Todays email just sucked. This doesn't make any sense. Perhaps they should have added one more

The most aggravating thing to get in your email......some poorly thought out piece of crap that a five year old wrote without thinking about what any of it meant.

The most destructive habit............................Worry
The greatest Joy.....................................Giving
The greatest loss.......................Loss of self-respect
The most satisfying work...................Helping others
The ugliest personality trait.....................Selfishness
The most endangered species.........Dedicated leaders
Our greatest natural resource....................Our youth
The greatest "shot in the arm"...........Encouragement
The greatest problem to overcome....................Fear
The most effective sleeping pill...........Peace of mind
The most crippling disease..........................Excuses
The most powerful force in life........................Love
The most dangerous pariah.....................A gossiper
The world's most incredible computer. .......The brain
The worst thing to be without......................... Hope
The deadliest weapon.............................The tongue
The two most power-filled words.................."I Can"
The greatest asset.........................................Faith
The most worthless emotion.......................Self-pity
The most beautiful attire..............................SMILE!
The most prized possession....................... Integrity
The most powerful channel of communication....Prayer
The most contagious spirit......................Enthusiasm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home