Monday, May 09, 2005

The General Rule

The general rule is never tell your boss that you have nothing to do. For some reason, instead of it making you look extrememly competent in your ability to fly through things quickly and get through the workload, it makes your position look extra. Pretty soon, your department is a person short, and instead of having to get through your own workload, now you are carrying on your former cubemate's workload, unless you were guy given the heave ho.

That said, since I have a contract and our department is really too small to get rid of anyone, I thought I would ask my boss what she needed me to do. Which is how I found myself standing in a conference room going through a stack of papers, being told that there was a complete manual somewhere within all those printed pages, and I should find it and recycle all the extra pages.

Which is fine. I did that. It was only an 90 page manual, and the pages were in some kind of order. My next lucky project as I wait for my real work to come in is to go through the returned mail, figure out which area it is from, and send a list to different parts of the state letting them know that the address on system is not up to date.

I can think of a a few descriptors to describe this little project, and despite it starting with an FU, it is not fun.

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Passing Through said...

man oh man. Posting like crazy. You're posting faster than we can read!

May 09, 2005 2:30 PM  
Blogger torontopearl said...

AN ASIDE: thanks for leading the parade on my site this afternoon!

May 09, 2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Hope you don't mind my negative start to it. Next time I'll try something that isn't disease filled.

May 09, 2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

JPT-

I need to make up for all the posts that you aren't putting up.

May 09, 2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

I know. I know. I'm in a slump. Call it work. ;-)

May 09, 2005 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Diamond fire gl2 drivers for win 98 Loss of appetite accutane week used laptops and

March 03, 2007 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

April 24, 2007 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home