Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Not ready for this

I am pretty good at handling the things my kids throw at me. I changed diapers, and can put a band aid on them, and give them medicine. I can read to them or make up a story or throw a ball or do any of the things Dads are supposed to do.

But last night, maybe it was because it was so late, but my oldest couldn't sleep. I told him he could turn on the Piston game, and then we flipped over to watch the Tigers hold on to a 2-0 win.

He still coudln't sleep, so he learned how to fold laundry, and finally it was time for us to go to sleep, so we told him to go to sleep.

Oh, how to say this delicately. He then told us he was itching, in quite a sensitive area. At that point, my wife, who is usually in charge of medical things, said that was a boy part, and I was in charge.

So I looked to see what was going on...and I just broke out into hysterical laughter. The whole thing seemed so absurd.

How did I get to this point.