Friday, May 13, 2005

Rethinking Anonymous' win

On Wednesday I wrote about my bet with anonymous, as to how many people would show up to shul on Thursday morning, in homor of Yom Haatzmaut. Yesterday, I conceded that I was wrong, and there were not nearly as many extra people in shul on Thursday.

It occured to me, as I looked around shul this morning, and there were only about 25 people there, that the Wednesday morning crowd was not a regular crowd, it was already larger because of Yom HaZikaron. Of course Yom Haatzmaut won't significantly outdraw Yom Hazikaron. The same people who celebrate one celebrate the other. The only fair comparison would have been to this morning's minyan, or to Tuesday's minyan (or to last thursday's minyan, but there are no attendance figures going back that far). And based on this morning's attendance, Yom Haatzmaut had the 50% attendance increase that I predicted.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why am I so interested in the minutiae of your everyday life?

May 13, 2005 1:34 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Why do you read this

May 13, 2005 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats what I want to know, Why am I drawn to AirTime on a daily, sometimes multiple daily basis.
Surely it is not because I am interested in Detroit Sports Teams

May 13, 2005 2:12 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Because you know at any time I might focus my attention back on our beloved rabbi.

May 13, 2005 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope.

No real interest in your beloved Rabbi. Maybe some interest in some old MH and SY stories

May 13, 2005 4:02 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

MH and SY?

May 13, 2005 4:15 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

mercaz and skokie?

May 13, 2005 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

February 04, 2007 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Factory direct appliances Saxton mortgage arizona Rhinoplasty surgeons in boston zithromax effexor xr side effects Aritech security systems uk Cell gps antenna car auto

April 26, 2007 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home