Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Strange Work Habits of Religious Jews

I usually try to keep a bottle of water on my desk. And while it is for drinking, there is another purpose as well. I found a few years ago that it was almost impossible to wash for bread in the break area, and walk to my food without being intercepted by someone who said "Hey Air, what's up." And since I did not want to be rude, I mumble something and walk on. SO then i started to wash, and not make a Bracha until I got to my seat, which is probably acceptable, except not always practical, as I would wash my hands, and run into someone who wanted to chat.

So I came up with solution 3, washing at my desk. I keep the water bottle on hand, and wash into the garbage can. Then i can eat right away, and I have never had someone walk up to my in the middle and ask what I was doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Air Time said...

I am pretty easy-goign when I walk the men's room mile.

May 11, 2005 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you cant wash from a bottle. you have to first put the water in a cup and then wash.
now you know why yeshivas want to keep you in their world.

May 11, 2005 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home