Friday, July 22, 2005

Mothers-in-Law

Am I crazy? I love my mother-in-law (MIL). I refer to her as my "mom" and sometimes refer to my actual mother as my "biological mother." And I know my MIL feels the same way about me. She calls me "daughter" and loves me madly. And my mother is crazy about Air and treats him like a son. In fact, I'm pretty sure she likes him better that she likes me.

I had lunch with two of my friends yesterday, and I absolutely cannot believe what their MIL's do to them. They are not treated well at all! Their MIL's have very close relationships with their own daughters and don't believe their daughters-in-law (DIL) deserve the same treatment. Now, knowing these two ladies, if it were me, I wouldn't want to be best friends with them like their daughters are. But that's just me.

I think what I have that they don't have is the ability to speak up and tell my MIL what on my mind. I also don't leave the relationship to her son. I make myself part of her life and her love.

It doesn't hurt that my MIL is an absolute Tzadeket who is sensitive to others and is welcoming and open and friendly and very, very special.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and in Israel for the next month

July 22, 2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

You better be careful. She doesn't always like reading about herself on this blog.

July 22, 2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Depends who's writing.

July 22, 2005 4:41 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

i think she'd like this one :)

July 23, 2005 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh veev, you are so wonderful and so is your mother and so is at and so is your mil.
jeez.

July 24, 2005 3:22 AM  
Blogger mom said...

thanks Vee, I do love you like a daughter, and I miss you guys, but we're having fun

July 24, 2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Anon-

Get over yourself. You wish you were one of us!

July 24, 2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

veev, what are you trying to get hee? another kohls shopping spree?!

July 25, 2005 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boston are those fighting words yet again????

July 25, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

No, they are bad rhyming words.

July 25, 2005 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home