Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My Sister

I have two sisters. There is the friendship bracelet girl who we all know and love, and then there is my other sister. She is single and about 26, and made Aliyah almost two years ago.

Over the past months, she has attended rallies, marched, protested, and did whatever she could to fight disengagement. She never expected to change the government, but she felt she needed to do something.

I am planning on joining the "shlav bet" (stage two) march this Tuesday down in Sderot. Why? Do I think that me being there will change the government's decision? Sharon is simply sitting in his office thinking he has suddenly found himself on the fence on the disengagement issue, and this tips him over to our side? No, I don't think that. I do know that I hate inaction. While this march may not change the future of world history, at least I can say I wasn't only against the decision, but I joined thousands others in stating as publically as possible the I disagree.


She has been in Sderot and Ofakim and the Kotel and involved herself fully in the campaign to save Gaza.

This week, though, she is not in Gaza fighting the police and soldiers who are clearing out the strip. On Tuesday, she wrote about her disengagement plans.

I'm going to Nitznim. Nitzanim is the area most of the K'T ers are going to be sent to. I am going with friends to help make the move/transition/expulsion/destruction just a tad bit smoother. We're bringing candies and bubbles for the kids, we're ready to listen to the teens, and help the adults. I'm passing the word around, that I think this is the most constructive place those who truly want to help can be.


She has spent much of the past ten years working with teens in a variety of settings, including Central East and Long Island NCSY, as well as a number of programs in Israel.

We applaud her action, her willingness to help others, and her ability to refocus her efforts, switching gears from fighting disengagement to helping those people who have been moved get on with their lives.

You can read about some of her marches, her life in Israel, and whatever else she puts on her blog at Two Ares.

5 Comments:

Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

be proud

August 17, 2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Amshi - We are very proud

Krunk - thanks for the compliment

August 17, 2005 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally! some positive, effective orange action!
and i wonder why the left is not doing the same thing. they profess to feel bad about the dis and know that it is an unfortunate unjustice to the GT people.

but come on.
she is your sister. embarass her!!!

August 18, 2005 3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

February 15, 2007 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read http://www.leather-case-blackberry.info University weight management Dvd compatable portable cd player generic nexium Cum in granny summary of accutane labeling acne control los angeles Free aol spyware teeth whitening san francisco Liposuction pronunciation good food2c bad food to lower cholesterol

March 05, 2007 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home