Monday, August 15, 2005

As if there wasn't enough to worry about

I don't care much for flying. There is nothing natural about going into a tube 30,000 feet in the air. Still, I do it when i have to, because flying is better than the alternatives. So this Friday, i will be flying in La Guardia.

I am pretty much aware of what I need to be worried about when I am in the air. They are, in no particular order:

Arabs with boxcutters
Flying into oceans
Flying into mountains
Flying over hostile arabs with rocket-propelled granades
Really, really fat people
People with too many kids
Assholes who like to report to people's parents about what people are doing on the plane (This probably needs more explanation.)
Stewardesses who spill coffee
People with too much carry on luggage
Minyanim that take place right next to my seat

Well, now I can add a new one to the list.

Freezing like a popsicle after the pilot turns blue and freezes too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Air Time said...

I plane crashed yesterday and everyone on it was found frozen to death.

August 15, 2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger SportPsych Detroit said...

I thought that reference about a------- was very spaceballs

August 15, 2005 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was Mr. Freeze. Where is the California governer now?

August 15, 2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

When veev and I were going out, we used to take group flights to fly back and forth between detroit and NJ. On one trip, one fine upstanding nameless coward member of the community told my parents that we were acting inappropriately on the plane. Why they didn't approach us is beyond me.

Since I have never successfully acted inappropriately on a plane, (though lord knows I have tried), what the person was referring to is beyond me. I mean, to go out of your way and tell someone that their adult son is acting inappropriately on a plane with his fiance indicates an extreme level of inappropriate behavior.

What makes it worse is my parents still (over ten years later) refuse to tell us who it was. We tried to find out this past purim, but my dad wasn't quite drunk enough.

August 15, 2005 3:30 PM  
Blogger rockofgalilee said...

i'll bet dad doesn't know and mom'll never tell

August 16, 2005 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! http://www.cholesterolfoodslowerchlosteral.info/Seat-covers.html People in a wheel chair 95 99 eclipse body kit http://www.botox-south-florida.info

March 03, 2007 3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. machine cabinet sewing cabinets basic pilates movements incorporating 307 Auerswald voice over ip rev Latina oiled Google page ranking internet marketing search engine Blowjob latinas 12 mercedes of houston Fax empresas wizard oz toys Myrtle beach tour computer game Xanax klonopin dose equivalant Can topamax help relieve my back pain Serwis saab warszawa Angeina upskirts Alabama tax deadline

March 05, 2007 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Affiliate factory free making money program Interior design on line fider accredited school Prescriptions for adipex Honda civic transmission fluid http://www.adderall-4.info provigil Motorola v620 ringtones Hawaii cell phones Levitra play week acura auto insurance Australian mercedes importers Gratis fax Canon fax l600 printer cartridge lcd screen checker 800cc silicone breast implant Webcam performer jobs Diesel watch digital childrens toys

April 24, 2007 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home