Monday, August 15, 2005

He is six today

My middlest turned six today. I wish I could see him and give him a huge hug, but he is in New Jerey with his grandparent this week.

My middlest gives the best hugs. He will spit out a kiss, or wipe it away, but he is always ready with a hug. Not just little leaning into you hugs, huge hugs where he puts his whole body into it.

He loves Rescue Heroes and playing hockey on the street with his brother, and this past baseball season, he was at every game acting as the team's batboy, insisting on going to the games because the team needed him.

Every kid is different, and my middlest is the sweetest of my three kids. He is always willing to give a toy to a friend who has lost their's, even when it means he no longer has that toy. And even though I know this will change, even though I have watched how he cries after doing it, I will be sad when this innocence is over.

He loves watching Monsters Inc, and reading books, and this summer, he surprised us by reading hebrew, even though they don't learn that in school until next year.

He has a tremendous singing voice, and, together with my oldest, have thrilled us by singing Yerushalayim and other songs at family weddings. They walk up to the stage, talk to the band, and start singing as the band plays along.

He loves Israel and can't wait until we visit this October. He is looking forward to moving there next summer, and reuniting with Yiska, his Israeli girlfriend who moved back to Israel this past summer.

He's fun and he's funny, and he loves playing chess and battleship, and yes, there are days when i am lucky to win. He likes playing memory, and frequently wins that on Shabbos afternoon. And he finds great words when we play Boggle.

He likes to do Adon Olam in shul, after his brother does Anim Z'Mirot, and likes going to the shul candyman's house whenever we walk by it.

My middlest is starting first grade next, and I wonder how sitting in a classroom all day will change him.

I hope he continues to grow over the next year, loving learning while developing into a big kid. I hope his next transition, that from American student to Israeli Oleh, will go smoothly, and I look forward to celebrating his seventh birthday in Israel.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day!!May you bring you're parents and all of the jewish people tons of nachas.

August 15, 2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger torontopearl said...

What a lovely portrait of your son. Happy Birthday to him.

Mazel Tov to his parents, no doubt lovely people who help lead the way for their children!

My "middlest" turns 8 tomorrow (she was my Shabbos Nachamu baby 8 years ago). Maybe I'll also "paint a picture of her" for blog readers.
(thanks for the idea)

August 15, 2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Happy Birthday Middlest!

He sounds great!

August 15, 2005 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 15, 2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

There are things about him that are my favorite. But he has always been my second-born wife's favorite, not mine. I, of course, identify best with the first born.

Not like we have favorites...

August 15, 2005 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read nutritional supplements Web site design web development website promotion Aaa hand bags Protonix gastric reflux laser hair removal locations in wisconsin cheap hosting what is ultram Texas hold em online free filmiki z jenna jameson

March 05, 2007 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home