Monday, August 15, 2005

Killing with Kindness

There is so much concern over violence in Jew against Jew violence in Gaza. I was very relieved by what I saw on V this morning. There were jewish men singing and dancing, refusing to let soldiers pass. The middle east correspondant talked about the ways the Gaza residents were resisting, by taking pictures of the soldiers and talking about how they wanted to show everyone in school who had kicked them out of their homes, offering candy and other things to soldiers, trying to kill them with kindness.

I contrasted that with what I imagined would happen if the Palestinians were being kicked out of their homes. There would be angry death chants and machine gun fire and violent imagery.

Yes, there were burning tires and garbage, and yes, this was day one of the expulsion, but overall, it was not violent.

I was not thrilled with the language of resistance that the FOX correspondant used, as she was using the language of violent resistance to describe this type of resistance, but what can you expect. She is trying to paint a story that her viewers want to see, and the only way she knows how to describe resistance is through a more violent language.

7 Comments:

Blogger and so it shall be... said...

"I contrasted that with what I imagined would happen if the Palestinians were being kicked out of their homes. There would be angry death chants and machine gun fire and violent imagery."

bimheirah b'yameinu, amen!

August 15, 2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I'll second that

August 15, 2005 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll third that!!And fourth!

August 15, 2005 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it hurts, it hurts.

August 15, 2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, I watched that on Fox this morning also. I was also reading Foxnews.com, and they used the word scuffle underneath a picture of a settler about to HUG a soldier. OK, that part bothers me also. The American media should learn the difference b/t a soldier and an officer. You think if they're covering it, they'd learn how to do it correctly. Most of the soldiers that are there today are officers. Get it right, people!! They've earned the respect.
Btw, I'll 5th that.
-OC

August 15, 2005 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! interracial pic gallery Free paris hilton  tape interior+designers+in+london Gay and 18+ in arkansas jeff palmer interracial How to beat the craps table 200 amp mitsubishi Educational toy catalogs Interracial black babe chrysler

March 05, 2007 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

April 25, 2007 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home