Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sitting in Meetings

It is pretty rare that I have to go to a meeting. I meet with clients pretty frequently, but I rarely have to go to a department meeting. In fact, its been a little over two years since I had to sit in a meeting with a bunch of peopel to talk about some work-related issue.

But this morning was the exception, and so I found myself sitting in a two-hour meeting almost bored to tears. But there is a saving grace. At my last job that had meetings, I got into the habit of drawing dirty drawings. The degree of smut in the drawing is limited by my inability to draw, but the habit always kept me looking like I was paying attention as someone droned on and on about things that had no bearing on my job.

But like I said, it had been a few years since I sat in a meeting. And all of the sudden, I was drawing again. At first, it was just a little comic strip, which I will share with you, before I moved on to more adult themes.

It struck me as ironic that i don't do these drawings for two years, and then, boom, the morning after Rosh HaShana, I end up in a meeting and start drawing. But that's the way it goes. Its just the awy I'm wired.

Anyway, I'm not just telling this to you to waste your time. I am explaining why there is a hand-drawn comic strip on this post.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

any way to enlarge your work?

October 07, 2005 6:35 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

If you click on it you get a bigger view.

October 07, 2005 6:52 AM  
Blogger SHEV said...

wow...an older daniel

October 07, 2005 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can even teach dav pilkey a thing a two about clever purility.

October 09, 2005 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home