Thursday, November 17, 2005

Fun at Air's house

My oldest had to write a Limerick for school, with some kind of Thanksgiving theme. Combining his passions of hockey and Thanksgiving, h came up with the following.

Steve Yzerman had a Turkey
And he named him jerky
He shot the puck
Kerky did Cluck
And he was quite quirky.

To be honest, I changed some of the words because i can't remember the exact limerick, but you get the idea. And he did intuitively use one of the key words in a successful Limerick, Puck.

Well, he started complaining about school, which led me to write this limerick.

It seems that life after school
Is as much fun as eating Gruel
But on Thanksgiving Day
I get to go play
Because there is a no homework rule

Well, Veev wanted to get in on the limerick fun. Like I said, life is a party at Air's house.

So she came up with this little ditty.

Daniel says Daddy does say
seven cursewords every day
But i know he is wrong
I feel it real strong
Cause i only heard four today

Never mind that she missed out the key component, which was to work in some Thanksgiving magic into the limerick, but whatever, my oldest (whose name you really sharp readers have probably figured out) thought it was hysterical.

So I came back with this response

Turkey says Cock-a-Doodle-Doo
A Pussy Cat says meow too
But as i bounce this ball
Off the crack in the wall
Today there were zero Eff U's

Anyway, thats fun at Airs house. Feel free to limerick along.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my wife has a friend named rinas
she comes from the planet of venus
she has no lean-ness
but a whole lot of mean-ness
etcetera etcetera etcetera!


berma shave.

November 17, 2005 10:54 PM  
Blogger torontopearl said...

There was a frum couple down Michigan way,
Generally, they each had so much to say.
And the mister -- he kept bloggin'
But the missus -- she took a floggin',
So for now at least Veev has managed to step far away.

But let's hope that next year
when she makes aliya
She'll be back on with Air Time
sharing juicy details with ya.

Now all that's left to say
is "Shabbat Shalom, y'all
May the Shabbat Queen be with you,
Not shopping at the mall!"

November 17, 2005 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving should be merry
With Turkey, stuffing and cranberry
Alas I am unlucky
To spend it in Kentucky
But at least the meal won't be dairy

November 18, 2005 8:23 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Thanks Pearly! I always welcome the support. I guess you're right, if I want to live in Israel, I'll have develop a thicker skin.

Zwicker, you totally crack me up!

November 18, 2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Shifra said...

For my Thanksgiving celebration
I hoped for a small vacation
My inlaws - those elves
just invited themselves!
now I'm stuck with the whole preparation

November 18, 2005 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! quit smoking 3fsecond hand smoking Can i purchase tenuate water faucet spigot outside stuck Gel refill tooth whitening Appetit e loss provigil Class h felony medical alerts bextra Used appliances in tulsa oklahoma

February 16, 2007 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... free mp3 player ship

February 23, 2007 1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! tamiflu Live webcam waikiki beach hawaii Hiv aids medications literotica Keyword protonix side affect bai order meridia How to cure low blood pressure Trim spa diet pill weight loss Closeout area rug

April 25, 2007 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home