Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Eggs

The other day I hard-boiled some eggs for the kids; they like to use the egg slicer. When I took the eggs out of the ice water bath, I dried them off and took out the black Sharpie permanent marker. I wrote a "B" on all of them to indicate they were the boiled ones, and put them back into the egg tray. Air looked at me like I was nuts. Why a "B"? Too serious.

Next day, my oldest opened the fridge and broke down into gales of laughter. Turns out someone wrote more than I did on the eggs. A sampling:

- I could have been a great chicken
- Eat me
- I'm all cracked up

As I told my son last night, behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes! (I can't remember who to quote on that. Anyone who remembers and lets me know, gets a sticker!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Air Time said...

Wow, two Veev posts in a week. You are regressing back into being a prolific blogger.

December 07, 2005 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jim Carrey said that quote in Bruce almighty. Ill take the purple smiley face please.

December 07, 2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I guess I am glad we dont have gloomy adolescents living in our house.

December 08, 2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

Air, thanks, but I was trying to sneak back in without anyone noticing.

Heidi, you got it! It's in the last scene. One of my favorite movies...

Mirty, Air's right. Only gloomy adolescent we know lives over at his Mom's.

December 08, 2005 8:43 AM  
Blogger SHEV said...

life sucks.

December 09, 2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

You don't need to write on the eggs - just spin them...

Makes life much more interesting when kids do the spin the eggs experiment, and they fly off the counter.

December 11, 2005 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home