Friday, December 16, 2005

One Year

A year ago, I had never heard of Blogs or blogging. But Just Passing Through sent me some links, pushed me a bit, and here I am, a year later.

This blog has gone through some changes. I quit, came back, Veev wrote here for a while, left, came back for occasional posts. Through it all, I have alienated readers, watch my average daily visitors hit over 200 for a short time period, slow down blogging, watch my daily average dip down to 40, and now, it is somewhere between, I guess. I reached the point where I stopped looking at the reports, and stopped caring how many people were coming here.

The blog year has been an interesting one for me. I have made new online friends through this blog, kept up with old friends, and reconnected with people who I had not seen or talked to since high school and Israel.

At times I have written prolifically here, other times I have let the blog go untouched for days at a time.

When I first started writing this blog, I wrote it as if no one I knew would ever read it, even though I knew plenty of my friends and family members were reading Air Time. But I tried to create that disconnect between me and my readers, so that I would not feel the need to limit what I wrote because of concern of who was reading this.

Even now, whenever I write, I try to block out the fact that this is not being written in a vacuum, although it is more and more difficult. I have pissed off family members on numerous occasions, and I frequently have conversations with them that begin with a statement that this conversation is not for the blog.

The truth is I don't like the majority of Jewish blogs. By and large, they are either judgmental about Jews who are not like them, attacking religion, and always complaining about something. Those that get into D'var Torah's lose my interest pretty quickly, and it makes me sick to read about some of the things going on in the religious Jewish community.

I don't know if Air Time is different from all those blogs, but I hope it is.

9 Comments:

Blogger torontopearl said...

Thanks for the linked mention. Yes, it's nice to connect with new and old people, near and far. I've enjoyed doing so...

Mazel Tov on becoming a...BLOGGER. Unlike a bar-mitzvah boy, there are no parents to thank, no teachers to thank, no rabbis to thank....thank G-d!

I have only this to say: "Yashar, yashar kadimah."

December 16, 2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger rockofgalilee said...

"I reached the point where I stopped looking at the reports, and stopped caring how many people were coming here."

I don't believe that for a second. If there was one person on this planet who I can see paying for the professioanl version of the stats, it's you.

December 17, 2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger rockofgalilee said...

"I reached the point where I stopped looking at the reports, and stopped caring how many people were coming here."

I don't believe that for a second. If there was one person on this planet who I can see paying for the professioanl version of the stats, it's you.

December 17, 2005 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at, you perform an invaluable service to those of us in the detroit community. never stop blogging your 'primal scream.'

December 18, 2005 4:48 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

If it wasn't for you, who would anon wish to be blown up in Israel?

December 18, 2005 8:49 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

Blogging is where we can all air our views to the world, our own personal soap box for those who wish to hear. As we say over here: to each their own!

December 18, 2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

For real honesty you have to blog as if no one besides yourself is reading it.

December 19, 2005 4:52 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

I have pissed off many family members-
NO WAY!!! I HADNT NOTICED!!!
(mr.green...i havent 4gotten...)

December 20, 2005 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! http://www.mature-big-natural-tits.info/Free-creampie-hardcore-pics.html hardcore feelings Cell phone co-op advertising plans Westinghouses first heater xxx hardcore free

March 06, 2007 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home