Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Dirty Look or time at Quik Chek

sometime over this past week there was a picture of a budweiser ad from the SI Swimsuit issue on ESPN.com. The picture showed a girl with budweiser bottle caps placed on her to look like the American Beauty rose petal poster.

Anyway, Veev and I were in Quik Chek in Passaic when we walked by the magazine rack. You have to see this budweiser ad, I told told her. It is hilarious. And its a four page pullout ad. I flipped through the magazine quickly, trying to find the ad, without lingering too much on the swimsuit models.

To be honest, flipping through the swimsuit issue in the drug store is so seventh grade, but there we were, flipping through it and tryign to find the ad. And not finding it. Go through it page by page, Veev said, and then when i did not find it immediately, she went to the counter to pick up some drug called Ass Effex, which is actually for acid reflux, and not for her or me, or my kids, for that matter. But I digress.

So I am flipping through the magazine and this frum lady in a snood walks by and gives me the dirtiest look. And then I find the ad I am looking for, so i walk over to Veev to get her to come back to the magazine rack so i can show her the ad, but she is still in line, so I went back to the magazine rack and got the magazine and brought it to her.

And she said the lady gave her a dirty look too.

Oh, and Veev thought the ad was funny too.

6 Comments:

Blogger and so it shall be... said...

Well, at least you gave someone the opportunity to feel superior. It's a mitzvah!

February 21, 2006 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ass effects for gramma.
how sweet.
"the family that... together..."

you should have just bought the mag.

February 22, 2006 1:41 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

yes, you should have just bought the mag. That way you can 'look for the ad' whenever you want. Like when you're on the can.

February 22, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

but i didnt want the magazine.

February 22, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Sure you didn't. And I didn't want the Victoria Secret catalogs that my wife cancelled.

February 22, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

We cancelled our victoria secret catalog subscription too. I liked that magazine better.

February 22, 2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home