Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Aruchat Yeladim

I don't know where she comes up with this stuff, but Veev thought it would be a good idea to have an Aruchat Yeladim. That is, a meal planned, prepared and served by the kids.

Once a month, she said, where the kids are in charge of dinner.

That meal, for this month, was last night.

My oldest was in charge of cooking. My littlest was in charge of cutting vegetables. And my middlest was in charge of something, I'm sure, although I have no diea what it was.

They made Mac and Cheese, a meal I am not particularly fond of, but the kids really enjoy. And they served pop, which we rarely have during the week. ALong wiht salad, dressed with dressing my oldest made. And there were pickles, full sized, not cut up the way that Veev or I would serve them.

I think it was a worthwhile thing for the kids to do. Except for one minor thing.

The salad had no flavor, and the Mac and Cheese was really bland. But the Pickles were excellent.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Zwicker said...

Did you sneak a real meal after they went to sleep?

November 22, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger mom said...

I'm relieved that they made dinner because I thought Aviva was HAVING them for dinner:)

November 22, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

PERHAPS NEXT MONTH THEY'LL LEARN HOW TO ORDER PIZZA

November 22, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger bec said...

if my kids were old enough, i'm sure that's the exact meal that they'd serve. as it is, it's the exact meal that they ask for on an all too regular basis. luckily, though, they want it for lunch, so we don't all have to suffer through mac & cheese.

November 22, 2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home