Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Tournament

After shabbat, when it ends early, we like to let the kids watch a movie. The problem is, with a four year old a seven year old and a ten year old, its tough to find a movie everyone wants to watch.

So I took sixteen movies, paired them off, and had the kids pick their favorite movie of the pair. The winner went into the next round. My Littlest had first pick, and chose Stuart Little over Scooby Doo's Greatest Mysteries.

Next, my oldest picked ET over Beauty and the Beast, and my middlest picked Monsters Inc over Dumbo. My Littlest then picked Scooby Doo and the Monster of Mexico over Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase.

The second bracket began with mty oldest picking the Sandlot over Pinochio. Fieval Goes west won out over Mulan. Spirit of the Cimmaron beat out Emperor's New Groove, and Shrek defeated Peter Pan.

The Semi Finals began with ET beating Stuart Little to go to the Final Four. Scooby Doo and the Monster of Mexico beat Monsters Inc for the second spot in the final four. Feival Goes West beat the Sandlot and Spirit beat Shrek to round out the final four.

Scooby Doo and the Monster of Mexico beat ET for a trip to the finals, and then, in the upset of the night, Feivel goes West continued its Cinderella run toward the finals with a win over Spirit.

In the Finals, Feivel finished off its Cinderella run, and was the champion.

Which is why we watched it even though my littlest cried and cried that she didn't want to see it. Because you can't question the perfection of the tournament.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 3 of you ganging up on my princess? Barbarians! Better watch all of your backs on my next visit! Feivel, of course, would likely have been my choice, too, but I would have never made my princess cry just because of a personal preference! Where was Veev when all this was going down?
Wait 'til Dodaleez finds out about this!

November 18, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger and so it shall be... said...

....and we like to call it Motzei Shabbos Madness!

November 18, 2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

I was being passive aggressive.

November 19, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I think every decision should be made tournament style. Dinner, line em up and let them fight it out on the plate. Which load of laundry to do first. Let the clothes sort it out. College footbal championship, put em on the field and let them battle it er- I mean let the computer pick who gets to play.

November 19, 2006 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home