Wednesday, December 20, 2006

For My Friend Scrambled Eggs

According to Yehoshua Meyer, the eyewitness to the incident, Shear's account is entirely accurate. "I saw everything," he said. "Someone got on the bus and demanded that she go to the back, but she didn't agree. She was badly beaten and her whole body sustained hits and kicks. She tried to fight back and no one would help her. I tried to help, but someone was stopping me from getting up. My phone's battery was dead, so I couldn't call the police. I yelled for the bus driver to stop. He stopped once, but he didn't do anything. When we finally got to the Kotel [Western Wall], she was beaten badly and I helped her go to the police."

You can go here for the whole story.
http://haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=801449&contrassID=19

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sick...

December 20, 2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Toto said...

sick. I bet that bus driver is being paid to keep quiet. Just absolutely sick.

December 20, 2006 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is yehosgua meyer?

Any relatiopn to Tzachi Meyers?

December 21, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I have no idea who he is. Just a stranger on the bus, I guess. I doubt if he is related to Tzachi.

December 21, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Great, next you know, we'll have the Haredi Taliban Modesty Police walking around shooting women in the street for "improprieties".
-OC

December 22, 2006 6:45 AM  
Blogger docyaak said...

what a country

December 26, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home