Thursday, December 07, 2006

the Joy of Kablash

I don't know if this is an Israeli tradition, or just a tradition at the company I work for, but I am really enjoying Kablash.

Kablash, of course, is an acronym, which stands for Kabbalat Shabbat. Looknig closely at the word, it is not a pure acronym, but I will leave that for the language blogs to work that one out.

Anyway, Kablash is basically Thursday afternoon snack time. Remember Shabbos party in nursery school. Think that, but with adults at work without the singnig and no one gets to be the Shabbos Abba. And there is no challah baking, like they have at my littlest's gan.

So maybe it is not the same thing exactly, but it is snack time at the end of the work week, in honor of Shabbat.

And if you're wondering about my vascillating between Shabbat and Shabbos, well, so am I. Its some kind of reconciliation between my past and my present. One day maybe it will be worked out, and maybe it won't.

But one thing is certain.

Thursday afternoon Kablash is a nice break in the work day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Toto said...

My little guy makes challah each week too! VERY cool!

December 07, 2006 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when do we get to see your comments on Mrs. Shears #2 Bus story that is all over the blog world????

December 08, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger SHEV said...

vascillating. good word!

December 08, 2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home