Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Shvita and Other Israeli Treats

When we landed, on October 21, 1987, there was a port strike. Having just arrived for our year in Israel, my family and I waited next to the conveyor belts for each of our boxes to come out. If memory serves, it took close to two hours as the workers put out one every 2 minutes.

Today there is a general strike here, and to my knowledge, I have never cared nor noticed whether the workers were striking, or not.

Here's how the Shvita affected me today:

I tried to call the elecric company, but it was closed for the strike.
I might have to go in to substitute for my Gan daughter's aide, as she might still be striking.
No mail.

In other news, I have had a sinus infection for the past three days. Today I found Kleenex with lotion in the supermarket. When I got it home and cracked it open, I almost cried when I blew my nose (which would be OK since I had a tissue). Ah, the little things.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toto said...

Feel better. My veev is sick too (AVIV); I was close to volunteering in the gan as well, but need to be home with him. Saba did the duty today of staying, my turn tomorrow. Any word how long the shvita should last? ugh.

November 29, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Refuah Shelaima. BTW, when are we having a get-together?

November 29, 2006 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that country blows.

November 30, 2006 2:58 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

So does your attitude.

November 30, 2006 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home