Sunday, December 31, 2006

Save the Date

June 24, 2007 is the day the IBL, or Israel Baseball League, holds its opening day.

For the coming season, six teams will compete for the Israel championship. Modiin wasn't able to get a team yet, but I hope we can get one when the league expands at some point in the future.

Until Modiin gets a team, we'll have to make due watching the Beit Shemesh Blue Sox, The Petach Tikva Pioneers, The Jerusalem/Gezer Lions, the Haifa/Nahariya Stingrays, the Tel Aviv Lightning, and my personal favorite, the Netanya Tigers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

Maybe one day I'll move to Netanya so I can still root for the Tigers

December 31, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Sim Zacks said...

Nahariya has a baseball team?
I'd go to opening day if it were in the evening

January 01, 2007 5:16 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Nahariya has a team, but the last article I read said that there are only three fields they will be playing on this season, and I think Nahariya will be playing their home games somewhere in the middle of the country. I'm not sure. If I can find the information I will pass it along.

January 01, 2007 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very exciting! Nice to see they will be opening on a Sunday and not on Shabbat! Will they have a lit stadium or is this a day game? Will they be playing on Shabbat at all? We need details my man; what if a group of young American tourists wants to attend a game? Etc.

January 02, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I read that Nahariya is planning to be the baseball capital of Israel, and that they're building a new stadium. Maybe, that's why they're taking longer than others.
-OC

January 02, 2007 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home