Sunday, December 31, 2006

Seven Hours Missing

2006 is ending tonight, and I've lost seven hours. When I began the year, I was living in the Eastern Time Zone, but now that the year is ending, I am living in a different Time Zone, seven hours ahead.

I know, I know, it was my choice to move, but these seven hours are killing me. Because it means there were some things that I wanted to accomplish in 2006 which I simply ran out of time for.

Like losing weight. When the year started, I wanted to lose about 30 pounds. With the year ending so much earlier for me, there is no way I am ever going to reach that goal.

OK, I'm lying, I never really had a goal of losing weight. But I could have had that goal, and having the extra time would have been helpful.

I wanted to write a book this year. That didn't happen. And I wanted to write more fiction on the blog. But that didn't happen either.

I wanted to start a podcast, but didn't have time for that. And I wanted to meet Jameel at the Muqata and Still Wonderin, but could not make that happen.

Hmm. What else did I want to accomplish is 2006.

Not much else, really. But the seven hours lost this year definitely impacted my ability to reach my goals.

Something for all you kids out there to think about before you move to a different time zone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

You are a very smart boy. Thanks...

December 31, 2006 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should stay up an entire night to make up the missed hours.

December 31, 2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

But then I'll just end up losing the hours next year.

December 31, 2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is "not because Im a girl" supposed to make me feel better about the situation?

If that is NOT the reason, can we speculate what IS the reason I am not understanding this?

December 31, 2006 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home