Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lucy

My cousin Lucy hasn't been feeling well lately. When I spent time with her on the fist day of Chag, I noticed she just wasn't herself. She's an older gal in her 70's though, and I guess I thought she's just slowing down. Yesterday, my aunt took her to the doctor when blood was noticed in her urine. The tests showed that she has severe liver damage and needed an immediate infusion. Today she will have another infusion, and ultrasound and a biopsy of the liver.

The last time I cared about a dog like this I was in elementary school, and Buff's life was on the line. Our black part-lab had been hit by a car and was too broken up to keep alive. My mother had to make the ultimate decision to put him down out of mercy.

I don't know what's going to happen to Lucy, but my kids are really attached to her. She's the closest my kids have ever been to "being related to" a dog. When we go over to my aunt and uncle's, the first words out of their mouths are either, "Lucy, wanna go out?" or "Can I feed Lucy?"

I've told the kids that Lu is sick and that I don't know what's going to happen to her. I hope they have built up enough strength after the trauma of the move to be able to take any news in stride. We'll see.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dan Balsamo said...

Ok, I have to be honest, I am quite confused. Is Lucy a dog? That's what I thought so, but please forgive me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I think you should offer him a song or something. Like what Adam Sandler did to Drew Barrymore in the movie called, "50 First Dates". Because Lucy was suffering from a short-term memory loss, he made him a song called "Forgetful Lucy".

I'm sure your Lucy would love that!

Mel Balsamo
JRomances.com

April 11, 2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger Toto said...

I'm confused too. Is your cousin LUCY or is LUCY your cousin's dog???

help.........

and ps. we've got a verbal deal on a house in Malibu!

April 11, 2007 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for scrap cars brisbane
cash for cars melbourne

July 19, 2021 2:37 AM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for unwanted cars gold coast
cash for unwanted cars caboolture

July 19, 2021 2:52 AM  
Blogger Hobart Auto Removal said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am an antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
Car Wreckers Hobart
wrecked car removal

July 19, 2021 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home