Friday, June 29, 2007

Last Day

In Detroit the last day of school used to mean so much more to me. I was a teacher there, for one thing, and I was mixed up with the feeling of "WHOOOHOOO! SUMMER VACATION", and the feeling of "Did I accomplish what I wanted with a class that I only have the privilege of teaching for 180 days of their lives?"

And then there's - what are my kids going to do during the in-between week before camp starts? How much TV are they going too watch? How many times can I take them to Ceasarland before I go nuts?

This year it's different. School ends today, the last possible day in June, as is traditional in the public elementary schools here. Camp starts already on Sunday, so there's no in-between time. Also, camp is for the same amount of time every day, or longer, in some cases, so there's no empty space to fill. There's no homework during the summer, though, and there's no camp on Fridays. So that's good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yet another great reason to make aliya!!!

--baila

June 30, 2007 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camp lasts about 3 weeks. Then what?

July 01, 2007 3:15 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

We're traveling after that.

July 01, 2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

ceaserland closed, youd be really bored here

July 02, 2007 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home