Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Air is the Sane One as Usual

Today I was feeling angry, and my sister who is visiting reminded me (scolded really) that the reason we don't have our precious Beit HaMikdash is because of the Sin'at Chinam of our and previous generations. She told me that if we continue to hate, we'll be sitting on the floor next Tisha B'Av again instead of watching a parade in Yerushalayim. While I take issue with the word "Chinam" in this particular case, and even "Sin'ah" isn't quite right here, I was calmed by simple guilt.

After many hours of fasting and being VERY bored, I told Air I was angry, too. He didn't toss me the Beit HaMikdash card. He simply told me to forget it. The person is irrelevant, and so why should I feel anything at all?

I wish I could arrive at blissful indifference already. It's taking too long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

I heard an interesting take on the "chinam' part the other day. There are some people who it is a mitzvah to hate like, Amalek. But random people who are we hate, there is no mitzvah form, so its hating for nothing, free.

July 24, 2007 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

air is the sane one as usual?!?

July 26, 2007 6:07 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

He's my Rock. Go figure.

July 26, 2007 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home