Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A picture says a thousand words



I was in the passenger seat so I took most of the impact. Air has a line of blue across his belly where the seatbelt hit him. And his neck hurts. The kids have welts on their shoulders where their seatbelts were, Thank God. And I am purple everywhere my seatbelt touched, plus my knee which hit the front of the car. The airbags worked and felt like pillow. And we all walked (I ran holding my five-year-old) away from the crash. We were rushed by ambulance to the nearest hospital where my aunt met us and took care of us. The doctors were great and we were released within 3 hours.

Just for your info, Air was not at fault. We had a green and the cross-street's light wasn't working. The other driver just kept going and ended up in front of us suddenly. We hit her broadside on her passenger side. She also walked away from the scene.

By the way, this was at 6:30 a.m. on our way back from the airport where D and I arrived from Prague.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my G-d, Veev, you all must be in shul on Shabbat for air to say HaGomel!! My daughter was in a rehab hospital recently (B"H she is doing well, someday Ill tell you the story) and we saw so much suffering from car accidents like this....I'm so glad your injuries are all relatively minor. Take time to rest, recover and count your blessings from G-d...

Baila

July 18, 2007 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are all, Baruch Hashem, okay. It reminds me of what happened to us (refer to past Mort report). Please have a refuah shelama (sp?).

July 18, 2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thank G-d you're all alright. Tell Air he should take care to get his neck checked out. Pesach in Detroit in 2002, I got into a bad accident making a left from Southfield onto Lincoln. Some guy ran a red light when I was making the turn, and I swiped him also. I didn't realize that I hurt my neck at the time. But, I've had problems with it ever since.
-OC

July 18, 2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Thanks, everyone! And OC, I remember another accident you had while you were still in high school!

July 18, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Toto said...

I'm so glad you all are okay. Hoping you're all feeling better and less bruised soon. How are the kids emotionally? It's not an easy thing to go through.

July 18, 2007 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary. So glad everyone's okay. Hope all the bruises and bumps go away in short order.

July 18, 2007 6:43 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Refuah Shleimah!

July 18, 2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

oy...the 9 days suck

July 18, 2007 11:30 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, I was wondering if you remembered that one! Well, I've, thank G-d, only had 2 accidents. That one was very minor compared to the other one.
-OC

July 19, 2007 4:25 AM  
Blogger docyaak said...

i cant help but notice the arrows on the street show you are faced the wrong way... whats the real story and were you drinking at the time :)

July 19, 2007 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you are all OK. GUT SHABBOS

July 19, 2007 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness. Glad to hear everyone's doing relatively OK.

July 19, 2007 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noahs Daddy, what do you think?

$1000.00 nuisance value, right?

July 19, 2007 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man what a rush

July 20, 2007 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home