Sunday, August 05, 2007

What the Hell?...

This is not turning out the way we had planned our month in Chu"l. My Abba had a small (not mini) stroke. And we're in Michigan. The truth is that Hashem, in His infinite greatness, wisdom, and sensitivity, has always created a situation for me where I don't have to see people at their worst.

When my mother fell down 13 stairs at work, I couldn't get to New Jersey.
When my grandpa had 4 heart attacks in 2 weeks, I couldn't get to Florida.
When my Bubby had triple-bypass, I couldn't get to New York.
When the same Bubby was dying a painful death, I had already made Aliyah, and was on my way for a visit, but missed seeing her by a week.

And now my strong, brilliant Abba couldn't remember the word "fingers" today. When I spoke to him, he sounded like he was drunk. Not that I've ever seen him drunk.

And when I get there on Friday, he better be pissed that I posted our private family stuff on the blog.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May he recover quickly!

--Baila

August 05, 2007 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so as this god of yours wreaks havoc on your family he, "in His infinite greatness, wisdom, and sensitivity" made sure your are not around.
helluva guy, your god.

August 06, 2007 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veev - may the tears we shed in sadness of the situation serve as a kaparah for your father and a z'chus for a refuah shelayma g'moorah. I really hope he gets better, and soon.

Cling to the image of his smile when he heard that you were making aliyah.

August 06, 2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Thanks, M, what a comforting thought!

August 06, 2007 12:54 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Oh my goodness, may he have a Refuah Shelayma, and may you only know Simchot.

Anon, you're a disgusting excuse for a human being.
-OC

August 06, 2007 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veev,

I think you should delete that rude second post. It's almost laughable, if it wasn't so totally insensitive. I know a little bit about what your going through because my mother-in-law had a small (is there such a thing??)stroke last week in Israel. We are moving there in a couple of weeks and my husband is feeling tortured that he can't be there right now (for now the situation is under control B"H). I will keep your father in my prayers...

Baila

August 06, 2007 11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but oc, you dont even know me!

August 07, 2007 3:37 AM  
Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

Refuah Shelema!!

August 07, 2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger 2R said...

by the way... love you V

August 07, 2007 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home