Sunday, July 29, 2007

Yellow Suitcase

Now that my mother has gotten up from Shiva, I went with my parents today to clean out my Bubby's apartment. We were there for 4 hours and cleaned out one bedroom, the bathroom, the coat closet, and half the kitchen. It was so strange rifling through and tossing my Bubby's stuff that she's collected over so many decades. She was saving things. For what, I have no idea. Maybe she thought there would be a plastic shortage one day, and that's why she needed 700 plastic bags.

We didn't even get to the fun stuff today - old pictures, letters - but I did find my mother's report card from 11th Grade, a coat I remember my Bubby wearing in the winters, and a yellow 70's-print suitcase she used to come off the bus with and carry to our house when she came for Shabbos. I'm not even sure the younger kids remember it at all.

To my siblings: The suitcase is still in good condition, and I CALL IT! I also call 2 cookie cutters, the matchboxes I rescued from the kitchen drawer, and the blue cigarette box and lighter I made Abba put in the "keep" box. There is still so much to look through, though, and I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff, too. The End.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

Did your mother get good grades in the 11th grade?

July 29, 2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Yeah. Especially in math.

July 29, 2007 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home