Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Chevra

A year and a half ago, the band The Chevra came to my kids school to put on a concert. I had never heard of them, and had no expectations of enjoying myself, but I was entertained. My kids had a blast, and they all knew the music and sang along.

During the concert, the band was working on some dance moves. It was abvious that they did not spend hours a day working with a choreographer, and had two basic moves. During one of their songs they would point down to the left, down to the right, up to the left and then up to the reight, and then back to the bottom left corner again. DUring another song they each took their left hand, pointing to the right, and rhythmically moevd it toward the left. And repeat.

There was some jumping around, but they were no Britany Spears.

Anyway, we made fun of their dancing for a while, whenever their music was on in the car, and we would do their hand motion dances. COme to think of it, I think there was a third move as well, with a hand making a circular motion.

Anyway, last week a few of their band members were at my shul. To those of you living in NY, you are used to having these jewish rock gods amongst you, but to us simple minded out of towners, it was like having elvis in shul. Or, it would have been, maybe, if anyone had recognized these guys.

Anyway, at the kiddush, Veev says to me do the Chevra dance, so I start moving my hand around (Yes, I am really well trained). Then she says these guys, who were sitting at our table, are from the Chevra.

And I don't think they were that amused.

8 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

You are such a good listener.

July 27, 2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

does it look the Hashem is here Hashem is there dance?

July 27, 2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I don't know that dance. there seems to be some knee bending invovled as well.

July 27, 2005 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In one of my appearances at your shul, I was there the same week as those guys. I don't recall there being an Elvis-type mania swirling around the building, or even around the bima. Maybe it was just your own excitement that you were projecting to the rest of us?

July 27, 2005 2:11 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

the excitement would have been there, had anyone known the celbrity that was in our midst...

July 27, 2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

You know? I thought the same thing...

July 28, 2005 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»

August 16, 2006 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Prescription soma without tramadol on line shaved teen showing clit Jeep wrangler for sale dubai Parts for humidifier 758.144160 Fluoxetine 10 mg tablet California current lotto number winning Hitachi home theater projector

February 21, 2007 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home