Monday, July 25, 2005

Pleasantville

It's 96 degrees today, and, since I stayed inside all day yesterday for the fast, I decided to go by myself to the mall. It's one of those nice ones with 4 departments stores on 2 floors and about 180 others stores also. I am tired today; fasting makes me sluggish for a couple of days afterwards. But I shlepped myself through the mall anyway.

In every store in which I ventured, there was at least one sales-girl or -boy greeting me with a perky, "Hi! How are you today?" The first time this happened, I was a little startled by the enthusiasm of the "Hello." But I managed a "Hi, I'm well. How are you?" anyway. By the time I entered my tenth store, all I could muster was a nod and a smile. I wondered if they thought I was being rude?

Here's my question: Do you have to be chatty, friendly, happy, awake to shop?

10 Comments:

Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

not unless you are on uppers,no.

July 25, 2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

I think all those crazy salespeople were either on uppers or on commission, I don't know which.

July 25, 2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

Cant you just nod and ignore them like everyone else?

July 25, 2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

I think I ended up doing that at the end, but's not really my nature to ignore people (except the kids).

July 25, 2005 4:13 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

oops
i'm sorry is this a private blog,i'll just duck out and close the door behind me,

July 25, 2005 4:17 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

its OK. we forgot to put the tie on the doorhandle

July 25, 2005 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

February 06, 2007 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

March 02, 2007 12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP russian amateur models vika Hawaii shave ice machines Area plastic surgeons Hoover vacuum cleaner parts Wyoming celebrex side effects gmc truck Pictures of xanax 4 bar 1987 camaro windshield washer doesnt work oakworks massage chairs

March 05, 2007 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Wellbutrin and difficulty urinating Lotto texas result hair loss solutions Hispanic tv advertising for ophthalmologists 3m multimedia projector True work from home jobs not telemarketing Ca state lottery Honeywell cool moisture humidifier Adipex 90 day supply and 69 Marijuana hair loss Champion sweat shirts Zanax paxil leather wing chairs new or used

April 24, 2007 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home